Over the holidays, I was chatting with some of my readers about healthy eating and one of the biggest concerns was how to make healthy low glycemic eating more affordable. Even though this subject is a big one and I am going to write a blog post about eating healthy on a budget, I wanted to start today’s post by giving you one simple tip on how you can make your food budget go further.
Are you ready?
Here we go:
Use what you already have.
Here in North America, we are the champions of throwing away food. And this especially goes for fruits and veggies – the foods we should eat more of.
So, today’s Sunny Side Up Eggs with Veggies recipe is just one simple idea on how to use your leftover veggies and make them into a meal.
Simple. Healthy. Delicious. Budget-friendly.Print
Sunny Side Up Eggs with Veggies
A very easy recipe for Sunny Side Up Eggs with Veggies. Use your left-over veggies and make them into a delicious and simple meal.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Roasted Veggies or any type cooked veggies you currently have on hand
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices of bell pepper, optional
- In a medium pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. If you feel inspired to make the eggs look pretty, place the bell pepper rings on the pan. Carefully break the eggs in half and drop them directly into each ring.
- In the meantime, warm up the veggies and place them onto a serving plate.
- Once the eggs are set, season with salt and pepper and transfer to the plate with veggies.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving.
- Serving Size: full recipe
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 187.3mg
- Fat: 22.4g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Cholesterol: 316.9mg