This strawberry soda is refind sugar free and incredibly refreshing. You can make the strawberry concentrate, keep it in the fridge and enjoy a healthy drink after work. Or you can serve it all in a pitcher if you have a big family or are hosting a party.
This strawberry soda is also very easy to make. To whip up a batch of the strawberry concentrate, all you have to do is puree the strawberries, fresh basil, and fresh mint in a food processor or blender, and add a little bit of maple syrup. When ready to serve, mix the strawberry concentrate with sparkling water, and some ice cubes.
This is a great recipe to make in summer when we have fresh strawberries available at the grocery stores and farmer’s markets. But you can also make it with frozen strawberries as well.
The strawberry concentrate keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days and you can also freeze it if you wish to keep it longer.
If you are looking for more refreshing drink ideas, check out this Armenian Yogurt Drink Tan.
Homemade Strawberry Soda
This Homemade Strawberry Soda is refined sugar free and super refreshing. Mint and basil make this healthy drink even more flavorful.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 portions
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled
- 5 large basil leaves
- 5 large mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- sparkling water
- ice cubes
- To make the strawberry concentrate, place the strawberries, basil, and mint into a food processor and puree until smooth. Add the maple syrup and pulse a few times to combine. Transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate.
- To serve, pour about 1/4 cup of the strawberry concentrate into a glass. Add about 1 to 1 1/2 cup of sparkling water and a few ice cubes.
- To serve in a pitcher, pour the strawberry concentrate into the pitcher. Add about 2.1 L (9 cups) of sparkling water and 2 to 3 cups of ice.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1/4 cup of strawberry concentrate. The recipe makes about 1 1/2 cup.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 42
- Sugar: 7.7g
- Sodium: 1.6mg
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10.3g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0g