Do you want to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?
One of the easiest ways to do it is to stop drinking store-bought sweet drinks such as pop and fruit juices.
Gone are the days when we believed the ads telling us that fruit juices were good for our health. Most fruit juices are nothing more than sugary drinks.
And pop, well, you know what pop is good for – for cleaning the toilet.
But don’t worry. As you probably already know, I am not for any kind of deprivation.
You don’t have to cut out all sweet drinks from your diet right this second. Instead, you can gradually transition to drinking healthy drinks.
Just follow these easy steps and you will be good to go:
- Dilute store-bought fruit juices with plain water or soda water. This way you will cut the amount of sugar in half as well as get used to the taste that is less sweet;
- Replace pop with fruit juices diluted with soda water;
- Is your juicer collecting dust sitting on that shelf? Get it out and start making your own juice;
- If your family is used to drinking orange juice, start making your own or adding freshly pressed orange juice to store-bought one;
- Brew your own kombucha;
- Make flavored water by adding some lemon or cucumber slices to filtered water;
- Make home-made fruit punch such as this Spiced Cranberry Apple Punch – it’s really easy and you can use any kind of fruits and/or berries. Today’s recipe will get you started.