This roasted salmon with veggies is so easy and quick to make that you can even prepare it on a weeknight.
Picture this: you come home from work,
and there is nothing for dinner, and you make a healthy and absolutely delicious dinner in under 30 minutes.
Don’t believe me?
Keep reading because I am about to show you how you can make it happen.
Ready. Set. Go!
How to Make Roasted Salmon with Veggies in 3 easy steps:
Step 1 – takes about 5 minutes:
Start by turning on the oven and setting the temperature to 350F. Then, oil a baking dish with one tablespoon of olive oil.
In a small bowl, combine the dried basil, dried oregano, and garlic powder.
Rinse the salmon fillets and pat them dry with a paper towel. Rub the fillets with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt.
Place the fillets on the baking dish skin down. Rub the herbs mixture evenly on the pink side of the filets.
Now you can place the baking dish in the oven.
Step 2 – takes about 10 minutes:
Place a pan on the stove and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Set the heat to medium-low.
Chop the onion and add it to the pan. Increase the heat to medium. While the onion is cooking, chop the zucchini. Don’t forget to stir the onion occasionally.
Once the onion is translucent, add the zucchini and tomatoes. Season the vegetables with salt and let them cook.
Step 3 – takes about 10 minutes:
Well, step 3 is easy because you don’t really need to do much. Just stir the veggies every once in a while. Set the table and maybe open a bottle of wine.
Now, we are about 25 minutes into making this Roasted Salmon with Veggies, and the fish and vegetables should be almost ready.
The next step is to enjoy the dinner. There is no time limit for this step: enjoy the food, have a conversation, relax…
And if you love fish, check out this Russian Fisherman Soup, this Easy Tuna Chili, and this Pan Fried Rainbow Trout.
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets with skin (about 1/2 pound each)
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- lemon slices and fresh chives to serve
For the sauteed veggies:
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups /1 pint grape tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Oil a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the dried basil, dried oregano, and garlic powder.
- Rinse the salmon fillets and pat them dry with a paper towel. Rub the filets with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt. Place the fillets on the baking dish skin down. Rub the herbs mixture evenly on the pink side of the filets.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and roast for about 20 to 25 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- To make the sauteed veggies, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, for about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and grape tomatoes. Season the vegetables with salt and cook, stirring occasionally until zucchini is cooked through and the tomatoes start to pop, for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slices.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/2 of recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 701Total Fat 48.3gSaturated Fat 9.5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 31.8gCholesterol 124.7mgSodium 305.8mgCarbohydrates 16.8gFiber 4.8gSugar 11.1gProtein 50.7g