Romaine lettuce may be boring but this romaine salad with chopped veggies and feta is delicious, easy to make, and super versatile. It makes a great side salad and you can also have it for lunch or dinner if you add some more protein to it. This recipe is quite large in volume so this romaine salad can also be served for a crowd at a dinner party.
This romaine salad is perfect for hot summer days. You can prepare the salad in advance and eat it the next day. In this case, don’t mix the salad with the dressing and keep both the dressing and the salad in the fridge separately. Just add the dressing before serving.
This recipe can also be easily adapted so if you don’t have radishes or celery it’s totally fine. Just skip the veggies that you don’t have on hand. You can also use cilantro or basil instead of parsley, soft fresh mozzarella instead of feta, or avocado or flaxseed oil instead of olive oil.
- 1 medium head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 6 radishes, chopped
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Tbsp dried basil
- salt to taste
- To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, red pepper, radishes, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, celery, parsley and feta cheese. Mix with the dressing to serve immediately or refrigerate separately and add the dressing just before serving.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/5 of recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 167.8Total Fat 11.3gSaturated Fat 4.5gTrans Fat 0.3gUnsaturated Fat 6.5gCholesterol 21.8mgSodium 297.4mgCarbohydrates 12.4gFiber 4.8gSugar 6.7gProtein 6.3g