This Salmon Corn Chowder is made with coconut milk and veggies. It’s very comforting and filling enough to have for dinner.
You can add different kinds of veggies to this soup, for example, carrots, celery, butternut squash or whatever you have on hand. You can also substitute onion with leeks or use a different kind of fish.
A little bit of lime juice and cilantro would make another tasty combination. In this case, use cilantro instead of parsley.
And if you love dill as much as I do, you can also make a Dill Salmon Corn Chowder by replacing parsley with dill.
Don’t like coconut milk? No problem, just skip it and make this soup without any coconut milk.
If you are looking for more healthy soup recipes that are naturally dairy and gluten-free, check out this No Noodles Chicken Vegetable Soup, this Mushroom Quinoa Minestrone Soup, or this Greek Lentil Soup.
- 1 L/ 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 6 cups water
- 1 salmon steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 5 cups frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups green peas
- 1 can (398 ml) full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- Pour the vegetable stock and water into a large pot. Add the salmon and corn and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Remove the fish and continue cooking the corn for another 10 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and puree the corn using an immersion blender until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, let the corn cool and then puree it in a blender or food processor.
- In the meantime, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add the onion and cook stirring occasionally for about 4 to 6 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add the bell pepper and zucchini and cook for another couple of minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Chop the salmon into small pieces and add back to the corn.
- Add the veggies, green peas, coconut milk and garlic powder. Season with salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the parsley and dill and turn off the heat.
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
Simply Organic Ground Garlic
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Kitchen Knife
Multipurpose Wood Cutting Board
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set
Annovero Porcelain Bowls Set
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/7 of recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 364 Total Fat 16.4g Saturated Fat 8.3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8.1g Cholesterol 31.2mg Sodium 269mg Carbohydrates 37.7g Fiber 6.8g Sugar 10.7g Protein 18.6g