This chicken vegetable soup is made without noodles. But you are not going to notice it because it’s very filling and comforting.
Instead of noodles, this chicken vegetable soup is made with tons of veggies such as leeks, red bell pepper, carrots, celery, green peas, and corn, and seasoned with fresh herbs and lime juice which adds rich flavor to the soup.
Cook this soup at the beginning of the week to enjoy for lunch or dinner. Or make it for a friend who came down with a cold (he or she will be so grateful!)
Everyone needs a chicken soup recipe in their recipe box because it’s something we all eat every once in a while. So, why not make it without noodles this time?
And for more soup recipes, check out this list of 30 Easy Healthy Soups for Fall and Winter.
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen peas
- handful parsley, chopped
- handful dill, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 skinless chicken breasts or 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, carrot, and red pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, water, and chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred it using a fork to hold the chicken. You can turn off the heat while you are shredding the chicken.
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup. Add the corn, peas, oregano, lime juice, and pepper. Season with salt if needed.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until the peas and corn are cooked, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the parsley and dill to the soup and turn off the heat.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/6 of recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 361Total Fat 10.7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 104.1mgSodium 417.8mgCarbohydrates 27.3gFiber 4.8gSugar 8.1gProtein 39.2g
Nutrition facts provided on this website are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a qualified health care provider for personalized diet advice and make sure that each of the ingredients is allowed in your diet.