I am so excited to share with you this Strawberry Chia and Quinoa Breakfast recipe because I know you are going to love it!
It’s really easy to make. All you need is to soak chia seeds overnight and if you have some left-over quinoa, you don’t even have to cook anything.
In addition, it’s super healthy. Here you have your chia seeds, quinoa, strawberries, pecans, and shredded coconut. Oh, my!
And have I mentioned that it’s gluten-free, vegan, and low-glycemic (just in case it’s important to you)?
Perfect for a hot (and humid if you live in Toronto) summer morning or as a “take it to work in a jar” small meal.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/3 cup your favorite non-dairy milk ( I used coconut milk; coconut water or cow's milk would also work)
- 3/4 cup quartered strawberries
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut sugar, optional
- 4 to 6 quartered strawberries ( 2 to 3 per portion)
- 2 to 4 Tbsp pecans ( 1 to 2 Tbsp per portion)
- 2 to 4 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut ( 1 to 2 Tbsp per portion)
- To prepare strawberry chia, add the strawberries, milk of your choice, and coconut sugar (if using) to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a jar or a glass container and add chia seeds. Mix well until all chia seeds are covered with the liquid. Cover with a tight lid and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, place the chia seeds in a bowl. Add the quinoa, quartered strawberries, pecans, and shredded coconut.