This fruit and nut quinoa breakfast is very easy to make. It’s delicious and full of awesome healthy nutrients. In addition, you can easily adapt it to your health and dietary preferences.
It can be very challenging to prepare a healthy breakfast on a busy morning. But if you have some left-over quinoa in your fridge, you can mix it with milk, fruits, and nuts and have a perfect breakfast ready in just a few minutes.
I made this fruit and nut quinoa breakfast with banana, pear, walnuts, chia seeds, and coconut milk. If you decide to customize it, here is a simple fruit and nut quinoa breakfast bowl formula:
1. Choose your favorite fruits or berries: apples, peaches, nectarines, oranges, mango, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or whatever you have in your fridge.
2. Choose your favorite nuts. I used walnuts, but cashews, hazelnuts, or almonds are totally awesome. Or you can also use seeds instead of nuts such as sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
3. Give yourself a boost of nutrients by adding chia, hemp, or ground flaxseeds.
4. Add your favorite non-dairy or cow’s milk.
5. If desired, sweeten with a natural sweetener such as maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar. You can also add a handful of raisins instead of the sweetener.
If you follow this fruit and nut quinoa breakfast formula, you will be able to make a healthy and delicious breakfast every day and never get tired of it.
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup your favorite non-dairy or cow's milk
- ½ banana, sliced
- ½ pear, cubed
- 6 walnut halves, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp maple syrup (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the quinoa with milk. You can warm up the milk if you prefer your breakfast to be warm.
- Add the banana, pear, walnuts, and chia. Add maple syrup if using.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving made with almond milk.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 serving with almond milk
Amount Per Serving Calories 387.7Total Fat 13.9gSaturated Fat 1.3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12.6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 125.2mgCarbohydrates 60.3gFiber 10.3gSugar 19.4gProtein 10g
Nutrition facts provided on this website are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a qualified health care provider for personalized diet advice and make sure that each of the ingredients is allowed in your diet.