This strawberry chia and quinoa breakfast recipe is just a simple idea on how you can use up leftover cooked quinoa.
It’s really easy to make. All you need is to soak chia seeds overnight and that’s it.
Here you have your chia seeds, quinoa, strawberries, pecans, and shredded coconut. Oh, my!
And have I mentioned that it’s gluten-free, vegan, and low-glycemic (just in case it’s important to you)?
Perfect for a hot (and humid if you live in Toronto) summer morning or as a “take it to work in a jar” small meal.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
For the Strawberry Chia:
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/3 cup your favorite non-dairy milk ( I used coconut milk; coconut water or cow's milk would also work)
- 3/4 cup quartered strawberries
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut sugar, optional
- 4 to 6 quartered strawberries ( 2 to 3 per portion)
- 2 to 4 Tbsp pecans ( 1 to 2 Tbsp per portion)
- 2 to 4 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut ( 1 to 2 Tbsp per portion)
- To prepare the strawberry chia, add the strawberries, milk of your choice, and coconut sugar (if using) to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a jar or a glass container and add the chia seeds. Mix well until all chia seeds are covered with the liquid. Cover with a tight lid and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, place the chia seeds in a bowl. Add the quinoa, quartered strawberries, pecans, and shredded coconut.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 2 servings calculated for the chia seeds soaked in almond milk.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/2 of recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 409Total Fat 23.2gSaturated Fat 6.8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20.5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 129.3mgCarbohydrates 43.9gFiber 16.7gSugar 9.2gProtein 11g