If you are looking for a new way to prepare chicken breast, this chicken breast topped with spinach and goat cheese recipe is for you. It’s very easy to make and ready in just a few minutes.
I pan-fried the chicken, but the recipe will also work perfectly if you prepare the chicken on a grill. Just top up the grilled chicken with spinach, cherry tomatoes, onion, goat cheese and basil, and your dinner is ready.
And the basil makes it all smell better.
This is why I just bought a basil plant to grow on my balcony. My project for the summer is to grow my own herbs.
Together with the basil, I also bought mint, chives, parsley, oregano, and rosemary. I am so excited! 🙂
Originally, I was planning to keep them on my balcony. But they also seem to feel good inside on my windowsill. So, I will see how it goes.
If you grow herbs and have any tips for me, please share them in the comments 🙂 This is the first time for me, so I would appreciate any advice.Print
Chicken Breast Topped with Spinach and Goat Cheese
A different way to prepare chicken. Fun and easy to make and smells amazing!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 portions 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- 4 chicken breast pieces
- salt, pepper and garlic powder or your favorite chicken seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
For the topping:
- 2 handfuls spinach, stems removed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (about 2 to 3 cherry tomatoes per portion), quartered
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp goat cheese (1 Tbsp per portion)
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- Cover the chicken breasts with plastic wrap and slightly pound to make them thinner and larger in surface size. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder or with your favorite chicken seasoning.
- Preheat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken breasts on both sides until no longer pink inside. Alternately, you can also grill the chicken breasts.
- In the meantime, slice the spinach leaves into thin ribbons.
- Once the chicken breasts are cooked, arrange the spinach, cherry tomatoes, red onions and goat cheese on top of each chicken breast. If you wish to warm up the chicken before serving, you can do so in the oven by preheating the broiler setting to high. Sprinkle the chopped basil over the chicken breasts just before serving. See the Note.
1. Do not sprinkle the basil on the chicken breasts before reheating because basil will dry out in the oven.
2. Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 4 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 199.2mg
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 77.6mg