These almond flour chocolate cookies are made without any grains. They are also dairy-free because they are made using 100% pure dark chocolate (always check the ingredient list to make sure!).
These almond flour chocolate cookies are very easy to make. The only time-consuming and messy part is shaping the cookies.
Keep in mind that when you take the cookies out of the oven, they will appear undercooked and will also be quite soft so resist the urge to touch them. They will firm up once they are cooler. If you store them in the fridge, they will become fudgy.
The cookies taste very much like dark chocolate because they are made with pure unsweetened chocolate. But I’ve also made them using 70% dark chocolate and they turned out really nice too, just a little bit sweeter.
Almond Flour Chocolate Cookies
These almond flour chocolate cookies are grain and dairy free and made using 100% unsweetened dark chocolate. Super easy and fun to make.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 25-30 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 oz/28g 100% pure unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil together with chocolate in a microwave or on the stove top.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the chocolate and mix to combine. The mixture should be slightly above the room temperature to keep the coconut oil liquid but not too warm.
- Add the chocolate mixture and beaten eggs to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Cover the bowl and place in the freezer until the dough is firm, for about 30-40 minutes. The time needed will depend on the temperature of the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Once the dough is firm, measure even amounts of dough about one tablespoon in size and roll it in your hands to form balls. Place on a baking sheet 1.5 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cookies slightly crack on top. Remove the baking sheet to a rack. At this point, cookies might look undercooked. Just leave them on the baking sheet until they firm up a bit, for about 30 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a rack.
- Gently remove cookies from the parchment paper. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for about 1 week.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 25 cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 54 mg
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 0g