This strawberry salsa tastes awesome with fish or chicken and you can also serve it as a salad on a weeknight or as a salsa at the weekend BBQ party.
It’s summer and this means the perfect time to enjoy fresh produce. I try to incorporate fresh berries, fruits, veggies, and herbs into our meals every day. The good thing is that you don’t even have to put too much effort into making delicious salads and salsas. Just chop all the ingredients, toss them together and you are done.
What can be better than all the fresh and healthy ingredients mixed together to create this beautiful strawberry salsa?
Unfortunately, this strawberry salsa doesn’t keep well in the fridge because strawberries release a lot of moisture and the salsa becomes quite soggy. So, make it not more than one hour before you are planning to serve it and just eat the leftovers because it’s just so good!
And if you have some leftover strawberries, consider making this Homemade Strawberry Soda. If you are looking for more healthy appetizers, check out this Peach Salsa, this Roasted Eggplant Dip, and these Vegetarian Stuffed Tomatoes.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/3 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place the strawberries, onion, cilantro, parsley, and mint into a salad bowl. Add the grated ginger, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Toss to combine and season with salt.
- Chill for about 30 minutes before serving.
1. This salsa doesn't keep well because the strawberries release a lot of water making the salsa quite soggy. For this reason, serve this salsa within 1 to 2 hours after making it.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 portions Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 55Total Fat 2.6gSaturated Fat 0.3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2.3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 7.3mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2.1gSugar 4.7gProtein 1g
Nutrition facts provided on this website are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a qualified health care provider for personalized diet advice and make sure that each of the ingredients is allowed in your diet.