This recipe is a little bit time-consuming, but the result is so worth it!Print
Crepes with Spinach and Tofu
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 package (300 g) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 2 sections of garlic
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs. Gradually add the milk stirring to combine.
- Mix the dough ingredients until a fluid consistency. If you want to double the ingredients, do not add more eggs, just double the milk and flour.
- Add oil to a frying pan. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe until solid consistency for about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the crepe over to cook the other side.
- Chop the garlic and cut the tofu into small pieces.
- Add oil to a frying pan. Add the garlic and sauté until brown.
- Add the tofu and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and let it simmer for about 5 minutes with a lid closed. Add some salt. Drain any water from the spinach.
- Fill the pancakes with the spinach and tofu mixture. Fold each pancake in half.
- Place the filled pancakes on a baking pan. Add the grated cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.