The secret to preparing this salad is cooking the beets – you can either roast or boil them.
Roasting the beets:
Place the beets on the baking sheet and roast them at 400 F for one hour or until you can easily pierce them with a fork.
Boiling the beets:
Place the beets in a pot; make sure the beets are covered with water. Boil the beets until you can easily pierce them with a fork.
Beets take a long time to cook, but they are so worth it!Print
Red Beet and Walnut Salad
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 large red beets, roasted or boiled
- 2/3 cup walnut crumbs
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp low-fat yogurt
- Grate the beets.
- In a large bowl, combine beets, walnut crumbs and raisins. Toss to mix.
- Add mayonnaise and yogurt. Mix well. Add salt to taste.