We are finally having some spring weather here in Toronto – it’s about time!
As we transition into the warmer time of year, we don’t have an appetite for hearty soups and stews anymore. Instead, we slowly switch to lighter dishes. The recipe I am sharing with you today is perfect for this time of year. It has only 4 ingredients (plus the dressing) and is full of protein, awesome nutrients, and healthy oils.
If you find raw kale a bit bitter and tough, make sure to massage it with your hands once you chopped it. It helps to break down fibers and makes this green softer and silkier.
- 5 cups kale (1 small bunch), chopped
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the chopped kale in a large salad bowl. Massage the kale with your hands for a couple of minutes. This will break down the fibers and make the kale easier to chew and digest.
- Add the quinoa, sunflower seeds, and cranberries. Mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/6 of recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 595Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 0mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 7.3gSugar 46.2gProtein 11.9g
Nutrition facts provided on this website are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a qualified health care provider for personalized diet advice and make sure that each of the ingredients is allowed in your diet.