We are finally having some spring weather here in Toronto – it’s about time!
As we transition into the warmer time of year, we don’t have an appetite for hearty soups and stews anymore. Instead, we slowly switch to lighter dishes. The recipe I am sharing with you today is perfect for this time of year. It has only 4 ingredients (plus the dressing) and is full of protein, awesome nutrients, and healthy oils.
If you find raw kale a bit bitter and tough, make sure to massage it with your hands once you chopped it. It helps to break down fibers and makes this green softer and silkier.
I developed this Quinoa and Kale Salad for my upcoming cookbook. But the salad was so good that I decided to share the recipe with you right away :)! If you like this recipe and want to learn more about healthy low glycemic cooking make sure to subscribe to my email updates, my email subscribers will be the first to find out about the book release!Print
Quinoa and Kale Salad
This is a very light and easy to prepare salad. Only 4 ingredients!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 5 cups kale (1 small bunch), chopped
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the chopped kale in a large salad bowl. Massage the kale with your hands for a couple of minutes. This will break down the fibers and make the kale easier to chew and digest.
- Add the quinoa, sunflower seeds, and cranberries. Mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.