I know you are going to love this granola recipe because it’s sugar-free and naturally sweetened with apple sauce.
Store-bought granola is usually full of sugar and not so healthy fat. It can also be quite expensive. And if you think about it, there is really no reason to buy granola at a grocery store because it’s so easy to make it at home.
All you have to do is mix all the nuts, seeds, raisins and oats in a baking dish. Pour the apple sauce and coconut oil mixture over the dry ingredients and toss everything to combine. It will take you literally 5 minutes to do it.
Place the baking dish into the preheated oven and make sure to stir the granola every 15 minutes. Otherwise, it’s going to burn on the outside and remain moist inside. So, set your timer.
Other than stirring it a few times, there is nothing else you need to do. Just make sure to let it cool completely before transferring into a glass jar or container.
My favorite snack these days is a sliced fruit or a cup of berries with some Greek yogurt and a few tablespoons of this Homemade Sugar Free Granola. So good!
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups regular slow-cooking rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground dried ginger
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins and oats into a large baking dish (mine is 14 by 10 inches, 2 inches deep). Add the cinnamon and ground ginger and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted coconut oil with applesauce and pour the mixture over the nuts. Mix well to coat.
- Place the baking dish into a preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes to one hour or until the liquid is evaporated and the nuts and oats are golden. Make sure to stir the granola every 15 minutes to ensure that it cooks evenly. Also, keep in mind that if you reduce the amount of ingredients, the granola will bake faster.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and let the granola cool completely.
- Store in a glass container with a tight lid in a cool dark place.