This healthy peach crisp is an ultimate summer dessert. It’s very easy to make and can be served warm or cold, on its own or with an ice cream.
We are so lucky here in Ontario to have local peaches. And even though I’ve been refusing to turn on my oven this summer due to the never-ending heatwave, I made an exception this week to bake a batch of this healthy peach crisp.
The best part of this recipe is that it comes together incredibly fast. All you have to do is to wash the peaches and pat them dry. (I always pat them dry to remove excess moisture. ) You can peel the peaches, but I don’t usually do it as the skin doesn’t really bother. Then slice the peaches and arrange them in a baking dish.
The crumble topping also comes together incredibly fast. Just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and then spread it over the peaches. And that’s it!
I think it’s a great recipe to make with kids. They can help to make the crumble topping and you can teach them that no flour or refined sugar needed to make a delicious dessert.
If you like easy fruit crisps, check out this Pear Cranberry Crisp and this Healthy Apple Crisp recipes. And if you still have some fresh peaches left, check out this Peach Salsa with a Secret Ingredient.
Healthy Peach Crisp – No Flour, No Cornstarch
This healthy peach crisp is delicious and very easy to make. This dessert contains no flour and no cornstarch and is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. You can also make it gluten-free if needed.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 portions
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free
- 1 1/2 pound ripe peaches
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats (choose gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Wash the peaches and pat them dry. You can peel them if you think that the skin is too thick. I usually don’t do that.
- Slice the peaches and arrange them in a baking dish in an even layer. You can first oil the baking dish with a little bit of coconut oil. I don’t do that because the fruits are moist and don’t stick to my baking dish.
- To make the crumble topping, mix together the rolled oats, almond meal, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Spread the topping evenly over the peaches.
- Place the peach crisp into the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes until the crumble topping is golden brown.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 6 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 286.2
- Sugar: 21.2g
- Sodium: 31.8mg
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated Fat: 8.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Gluten-Free Peach Crisp, Vegan Peach Crisp