This oat bran banana bread is made with whole wheat flour, yogurt, olive oil, and coconut sugar. If you don’t have coconut sugar, you can also sweeten it with maple syrup.
Everyone needs a foolproof banana bread recipe in their recipe box. And it’s even better if the recipe is a bit healthier than the most regular banana bread recipes out there.
This oat bran banana bread comes out looking gorgeous every time. Once, I even had a 7-minute power outage while baking it, but it still turned out perfect.
This banana bread isn’t very sweet and is quite high in fiber.
And if you like banana bread, check out this Clean Eating Mango Bread. It’s just like banana bread but made with mango instead of banana.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- Place the banana into a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until you get a banana puree. Add the egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract. Pulse a few times to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat bran, flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring only until everything is moistened. Pour into a loaf pan.
- Bake 50 minutes to one hour or until the cake tester comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per ServingCalories 150Total Fat 3.8gSaturated Fat 0.7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2.8gCholesterol 14mgSodium 235.5mgCarbohydrates 29.3gFiber 3.8gSugar 9.2gProtein 4.4g