Last year, I shared with you a fun and easy roasted veggies recipe and I also wrote about several ways you can use them for preparing a variety of healthy dishes. You can check out that post here.
Today’s recipe is slightly different; plus, the arugula pesto adds even more color and flavor.
Note: make sure to cut the sweet potato in smaller pieces because it takes longer to cook through compared to zucchini and eggplant.
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 4 Chinese eggplants, cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 5 to 6 pieces
- 2 Tbsp fresh or dry rosemary
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil + 1 Tbsp for baking dish
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ½ cup parsley
- ¼ raw almonds
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 420F.
- Oil a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and add the veggies to the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, coconut oil, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the honey mixture and rosemary to the veggies and toss to cover.
- Spread the veggies evenly on the baking dish. Make sure the veggies are spread in a single layer and are not too jammed.
- Place the backing dish into the oven and roast the veggies for about 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- To prepare the pesto, start by grinding the almonds in a coffee grinder. Then, place the arugula, parsley, ground almonds, olive oil, and salt into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with roasted veggies.