Hot Chocolate Oatmeal
This hot chocolate oatmeal is a perfect mix of a hot chocolate and morning oatmeal. It’s very rich, creamy and comforting and will fill you up and satisfy your chocolate craving at the same time.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 12 mins
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Option, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan or Vegetarian
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy or cow’s milk (I prefer unsweetened cashew milk)
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (use gluten-free oats if needed)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 0.35 oz / 10 g dark 70% chocolate
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup or to taste
- Pour the milk into a saucepan. Add the oats and bring the milk to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the cocoa powder and 1 1/2 tablespoon of milk in a small bowl and mix to create a smooth paste.
- Add the cocoa paste, salt, dark chocolate, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to the oats. Mix well to combine and bring it to a light simmer. Take off the heat.
- If you like your oats to be creamy, you can cover the saucepan and let the oats swell for about 5 minutes or you can serve them as is.
1. The recipe is for one serving. Just multiply the ingredients to make more.
2. Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving of the hot chocolate oatmeal made with cashew milk.
- Serving Size: full recipe
- Calories: 262.6
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 284.6mg
- Fat: 12.g
- Saturated Fat: 34.g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.67g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33.7g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.3mg