What can be better than some pancakes on a lazy Sunday morning? Only some low-glycemic, wheat free Yummy Oatmeal Pancakes served with fruit and your favorite nut butter :).
- ½ cup slow cooking oats
- ½ cup barley flour
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil for the pancake batter + 1 Tbsp to oil the pan
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, barley flour, quinoa flour, coconut sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into flour mixture and stir until combined. For best results, let the batter stand for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Oil the pan with the coconut oil. Spoon the batter into the pan. When tiny bubbles appear on top of the pancakes, flip and cook for 2 more minutes or until cooked through.