Vegan Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut Milk
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 ripe pear, cored, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1½ tsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 900 ml low-sodium organic vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk such as So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the onions in olive oil over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes until softened.
- Add the vegetable stock and water.
- Add the sweet potatoes, pear, carrot and ginger.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor or a blender and puree until smooth. Be careful, the soup is very hot! You might want to let it cool before you blend it.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in coconut milk.
- Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.