Easy Chili with Veggies
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (19 oz /540 ml) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup canned marinated artichoke hearts, rinsed and sliced
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 can ( 28 oz/796 ml) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dry paprika
- ½ tsp dry basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add the carrots and cook until the vegetables begin to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, stir well. Add paprika, dry basil, salt and pepper, stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the black beans, artichoke hearts and parsley; stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 more minutes.