This Egg Avocado Toast makes a super healthy breakfast or brunch because it’s very filling and full of awesome nutrients. It also includes my favorite healthy fat from avocado. In addition, it can also be served for lunch or dinner paired with a side salad.
I absolutely love the fact that it takes only a few minutes to prepare. You just need to fry the eggs, mash the avocado and make the toast. What can be simpler than that?
The bell pepper slice makes for a nicer presentation and also adds some flavor. Lemon juice prevents the avocado from turning brown. Nutrient-dense parsley complements the colors and also adds a lot of vitamins and minerals.
This egg avocado toast is also great for lunch or dinner. Just serve it with a large salad or a vegetable side dish together with a few spoons of healthy whole grain.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 slice red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 slice of toasted multi-grain bread
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- In a small pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Place the bell pepper ring on the pan. Carefully break the egg in half and place it directly into the ring.
- In the meantime, scoop the avocado flesh into a small bowl and mash it with a fork. Sprinkle with lemon juice and spread on the toast.
- Once the egg is set, carefully place it on the avocado toast. Sprinkle the parsley on top of the toast and season with sea salt