If you haven’t tried the first recipe in the Healthy Holiday Treats series, you can check it out here.
The second recipe in the series is Vegan Eggnog – rich, creamy and full of the aroma of holiday spices. It’s also low-glycemic.
And the best part is that you can enjoy it absolutely guilt-free 🙂.
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk beverage (I used SO Delicious), chilled
- 1 small banana (frozen is ok too), peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp brandy or rum, optional - unfortunately, adding alcohol to this eggnog will make it non-vegan :(, but it tastes great without it too 🙂
- Place the milk, banana, spices and Agave nectar in a blender and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Add the brandy or rum and pulse a few more times.
- Pour into a chilled glass and decorate with a dash of ground cinnamon.