If you haven’t tried the first recipe in the Healthy Holiday Treats series, you can check it out here.
The second recipe in the series is Vegan Eggnog – rich, creamy and full of the aroma of holiday spices. It’s also low-glycemic.
And the best part is that you can enjoy it absolutely guilt-free 🙂.Print
Healthy Holiday Treats – Vegan Eggnog
This Vegan Eggnog is rich, creamy and full of the aroma of holiday spices. It’s also low GI. And the best part is you can enjoy it absolutely guilt-free.
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Total Time: 3 mins
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk beverage (I used SO Delicious), chilled
- 1 small banana (frozen is ok too), peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp brandy or rum, optional – unfortunately, adding alcohol to this eggnog will make it non-vegan :(, but it tastes great without it too 🙂
- Place the milk, banana, spices and Agave nectar in a blender and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Add the brandy or rum and pulse a few more times.
- Pour into a chilled glass and decorate with a dash of ground cinnamon.